So you wanna say C++ is better than Java?
No, I don’t want to say that way or other way.
Nowadays, we hear a lot of crazy things in a dispute about language to write your code. First of all, you have to always keep in mind one phrase:
Programming is not a code — it is the algorithm
Let’s mark some visible advantages and disadvantages of them:
1. It is easier and faster to write cross-platform applications on Java
2. It is easier to write multithreaded applications on Java, but faster on C++
3. When you work extensively on memory, then faster is C++
4. C++ is good, when your performance and memory is critical (large calculations etc.)
5. Java is easier to study and faster to write a code
6. C++ is too strict. One small mistake can make a fatal loss in a “game”. Some people compare it to ”playing chess”
7. There a lot of libraries for C++, that allow writing ”beautiful” and fast GUI
8. A lot of desktop applications are still being written on C++
9. Some say that Java is a good start, but not “continue”. C++ compilation is generic for every platform, but not Java.
10. So C++ is merciless. How much time do you need to make an ideal code?
Have I marked everything?
Of course, no.
There is no general answer to this question, everything is individual. Every language is good and needed today as well. In conclusion, I wanna say NOT ”C++ vs Java”, but ”C++ and Java” (Because of JNI, you can make a good one of two)
Share your opinion on these points and I really want you to write your suggestions / ideas in comments too!
Good luck in your job!
Written by Andersen